The goal of the Canadian Committee on Indoor Air Quality and Buildings is to improve indoor air quality in buildings and, ultimately, the health of occupants, by providing a national forum and clearinghouse for ‘best-of-knowledge’ information on the design and operations of buildings as they affect indoor air quality.
Its mandate is to:
- solicit and review relevant information;
- identify gaps and issues;
- provide discussion forum;
- recommend studies;
- develop “best-of-knowledge” positions and best practices;
- disseminate knowledge;
- promote adoption of uniform requirements, best practices and guidelines for the design and operation of buildings; and
- provide guidance for evaluation of solutions and technologies.